There are a lot of things to consider as we grow older – appointing an Attorney in case of loss of capacity, making or up- dating your Will, putting in place an Advance Health Care Directive for your health care, choosing a retirement village or aged care facility. These are just some of the many decisions you may have to make for yourself or with which you may have to assist a parent or loved one. It is best to plan ahead and avoid crisis management. McColm Matsinger Lawyers, a local Sunshine Coast law firm have a team of professionals who can help you in putting all the pieces together.
- Wills and Codicils
- Effective Enduring Powers of Attorney and advice about the Attorneys duties & obligations
- What to do if an Attorney is acting improperly
- Advance Health Directives
- Capacity Issues
- Accommodation decisions including Review of documentation for retirement villages and aged care facilities including ensuring you understand entry and exit provisions and considering other options
- Advice and assistance with applications to and any matters before the Queensland Civil and Administrations Tribunal (QCAT)
- Elder abuse
- Loans to & from family members and other family agreements
- Estate administration issues
- Estate disputes
We are here to help and motivate you to plan ahead and make the right choices for your retirement and medical needs. If necessary we can also refer you the required government and support services which are available and also to other experts such as aged care placement services and financial advisors who can assist with financial matters including helping you understand the financial obligations of entering into aged care and ensuring you are accessing the appropriate Centrelink entitlements.